Natural History Collections
Applied Geology Laboratory
A room on the first floor is occupied by an applied geology laboratory, perfectly preserved and equipped for practical experimentation and analysis of geological samples.
The laboratory was set up by Giacomo Trabucco, teacher at the Institute and director of the Cabinet of Natural History from 1890 to 1907. The scientific merits of Trabucco and its role in enriching the collections are testified by this room, rich in instruments and 19th-century glassware, and from a plaque in the adjacent geology and geography classroom, where he taught Natural History lessons.
Most of the mineralogical and lithological collections are preserved here today.
Vedi anche altri approfondimenti:
SEI UN RICERCATORE, UNO STUDENTE O UN APPASSIONATO E VORRESTI SAPERNE DI PIù?