Info - Reservations: +39 055 2343723or write to iscrizioni@fstfirenze.it

History – Cabinet Of Natural History

History

Cabinet Of Natural History

The Collections of Natural History, which were originally located inside the Museo Tecnologico, were organised for the purpose of providing a knowledge of natural products by favouring an association of their use and transformations with manufactured products and the machinery necessary for their relative work processes.

 

In 1870 Professor Pietro Marchi, a naturalist physician, a teacher of Natural History, and later Director of the Istituto, was assigned the task of re-classifying the scientific material of the Museo Tecnologico relative to Natural History, with the aim of making it available to the new course of studies. This was a lengthy work, which in fact took 15 years to complete.